Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1st shot at this blog thing!

So, I figured I would give this blog thing I've heard so much about a shot!! Maybe just for my own sanity!

We are gearing up for the start of year number 4 of homeschooling!! WOW!! Even as I type it, I don't believe it! Where has time gone? It amazes me how fast time goes the older I get. Yes, I admit it...I am getting older!! :)

So much has happened this past year... but most important has been finding our church home!! We have officially been Orthodox Christians for almost 6 1/2 months now! We love our new home & our new family at Sts. Cyril & Methody! It has just been so amazing! We all look forward to church days! As we read in books as new Orthodox christians, people describe the Divine Liturgy as the church rising up & worshipping in heaven with Christ & the saints & angels. It truly is just as they describe!

Katelyn is starting tennis lessons in September! The man teaching is a double amputee & has a sporting organization that plays all kinds of wheelchair sports. We are very excited about that! And swimming lessons should be starting soon. We are beginning to get more involved with an organization called DASA (disabled athlete sports association) and they offer track & field,sled hockey,soccer, and more! The director, Kelly, is fantastic! So I can see that I am becoming a soccer mom! Anyone have a van...anyone? :) So as you can plainly see, there is a real reason for my insanity!! I usually just blame it on Chris or Katelyn!! Surely you didn't think I would take the blame myself!?!?! Are you crazy?!?!!? ;)

el free to leave your comments!! I hope you enjoy following along with my insanity!!

2 comments:

Luke & Roben Harris said...

Hey, Carrie! I got your call the other day. Sorry I haven't returned it yet... would you believe life has been even crazier than usual? I'm glad you're starting this blog... then at least I'll keep up with you, even if I don't call, right?? Love ya! roben

Jules said...

Hey Girl! I like your blog idea. I think it helps to write things down. I have started a journal myslef (my eyes only) when I feel that things are out of control. Wait a minute that is all the time :) I am so happy that things are going well for the fam. I am excited for Katelyn. Just think I am also a soccer mom. Who would of ever thought. Just wanted to stop in to say love u all. I don't know what I would do without U!!
Jules, Trin and Zoe